How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Day one report: dismal

Today's exams - Fin. Mgmt. and Marketing - didn't go well for me. The former was a lengthy exam, and I couldn't attempt one question, and I haven't tried to find out how correct my other answers are. The questions were quite simple, but with a lot of extra information, so sifting through the information and distinguishing the useful information from the useless took some time. The latter had a 20-mark case (in a 40-mark exam) to which I don't think I did enough justice. Basically, I couldn't really bring structure to the case and my answer was a rather rambling one. It's a familiar feeling...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. The Fin paper was a monstrosity. It's the first time I have ever faced something like that.....it was totally crazy. Never left half a paper simply coz I ran uot of time..... :-(

12:24 PM  
Blogger ASHOK VAISHNAV said...

1. Wars are not lost or won because of loss or win in battles.
2. Wars are lost or won not on the battlefield but in the war room - i.e.by successful design, or correction, in the strategies or thier implementation.
3. Never say die till the last.
4.A (cricket) match is not won(or lost) till the last ball.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Samrat said...

Well said Sir.
Its not necessary to finish every time. Utilizing the given resources to the max is the objective, remember your Theory Of Constraints Ted.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home