How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rage

We were having a Marketing case discussion today in our group. There was a point there which none of us could understand the necessity of. We tried to rationalise, but one of our friends was not quite convinced. I tried to explain to him what we meant, but probably didn't do it too well. I didn't like the tone of his response, and I became extremely angry at him. I don't know where that rush of blood (or 'ROB factor' as Sunil Gavaskar calls it) came from, but I was almost shivering with anger. That caused a mental block for a few minutes thereafter. I must learn to control irrational anger, because it is to no one's advantage. Normally, I feel angry very often, but in most cases, I am able to get over it very fast without letting it show. Unfortunately, this wasn't such a case.

2 Comments:

Blogger ASHOK VAISHNAV said...

1. To be or not to be, angry, I do agree is not entirely in one's control.This is dependant on person's nature, threshold level and the circumstances.
2. But it is essential to contro the anger, for beeter health and better (team) relations.
3. The nager should also not be controlled os much that people percieve that as weaknees.{Converse is also true!If one tends to be angry at the drop of a hat, even then people will perceive that as weakness- of cahracter and nature.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Samrat said...

yeah anger is normal , and one should not repress it and feel guilty. to blow off steam once a while is okay but one should channelize it whenever possible.
Also one should be always ready to reconciliate. Ego shouldn't come in between.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home