How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Holi, see?

Yesterday was Holi and by definition, today is Dhuleti. The colour karyakram did not begin till 9.30am as people here (as at KREC) will not sacrifice their sleep for starting early. I have always been very reluctant to go out monochromatic and come back polychromatic on this day. So while for others it is Holi day, for me it is simply a holiday. In that sense, I have always been un-Holi. Today also, I did not go, but the others had good fun. The (dirty) fountain in the Commercial Plaza was used for the Holi dip. At lunch, people looked grotesque, as is usual on this day, as if they had come back from some fantastic orgy. Lunch included motichoor laddoo-s, which were pretty small in size. I had two, but wanted to have half a dozen more :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home