How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Capping a disappointing week

The last week - the mid-term exams week - turned out to be very disappointing. I have now done badly in all three subjects which really matter (to me, that is) the most this term, including Manufacturing System Design today. I'm not worried about the grades (I've stopped thinking about them quite some time back), but the disappointment of not doing well in the subjects you like is great. Anyway, let me remember Pt. Bhushan, the lyricist for the film 'Pujarin', whose words Saigal sang: 'jo biit chukii so biit chukii, ab usakii yaad sataaye kyon?'

2 Comments:

Blogger Darth Midnightmare said...

But it would perhaps be better to concentrate on the learnings you take away from eh course, rather than the grades or how well or poorly you fare in an exam....to me that has always been the more pertinent view (obviously, considering my grades ;-) ). However, in your case, in particular, I do believe that the learnings you take away will be far higher than the person (if it is NOT you) who tops the course.....

That said, I am sure you will be one of the toppers (if not THE topper) anyway.....

Cheers!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Tadatmya Vaishnav said...

Well, thanks for your kind words :). But then, topping a subject or two is not my aim (obviously, considering I've hardly ever actually topped anything :) ), and I don't put a value on marks. But as I said, the disappointment stems from not doing well at something you knew you could do well at. As for learnings, certainly that is the objective function to be maximized, along with excitement generated by a subject.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home