How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Cycling

In a change from the normal walking routine, I bicycled today, making four laps around the institute, which comes to around 12 km. I felt a bit nostalgic in taking up a bicycle again, as I remembered the days of Std. 11 & 12 when I used to bicycle close to 20 km every day. The second spell of rains has made the atmosphere quite pleasant, although it is still pretty humid. It felt nice to expend some energy in such an atmosphere.

I've noticed this strange asymmetry in me. I don't know if it holds for all people. It is this: when I am mentally fatigued, expending physical energy into a sport or exercise (but not to excess) always freshens me up and I am ready for more mental exercise. But the converse is not true. When physically fatigued, it is extremely difficult for the mind to concentrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home