How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Walled in

My hostel is contiguous with the girls' hostels, and this year, the entire ground floor of my hostel has been allotted to the girls. Now, to separate the men from the girls, so to speak, a wooden partition has been erected in the last 2-3 days. As I was coming back from my walk today, the last nails were being hammered into the partition, joining it to its frame. I smiled to myself as I thought of the similarity of this to the scene in the film 'Anarkali' where Bina Rai is being walled in while singing her last song, 'merii qismat ke khariidaar, ab to aajaa', half-expecting a modern-day Anarkali to sing from within :). Of course, no offence meant to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home