How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bulldozed

My friend Samrat got a taste of the wild environs here yesterday evening while he was on a jog. He came nearly face-to-face with a blue bull (nilgai, as we call it; and which is not a 'bull', but belongs to the antelope family). Now these nilgai-s are infamous around here for attacking people, even vehicles. (This was strange to me, because I knew nilgai-s as troublesome - particularly to farmers around Vadodara - but not menacing animals.) Samrat nearly managed to excite the animal's attention and caused some tense moments. How and whence this Big Bull came inside the campus is a mystery.

Lately, we have seen a few snakes, jackals and a small tortoise on our walks here, besides the usual peacocks and other birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home