How's my Luck now?

Reflections, views and descriptions during my stay at IIM Lucknow from July 2004 to March 2006

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Diwali, dingos, etc.

The hostels and other buildings are illuminated with lights and rangoli-s are being created in each hostel as Diwali gets celebrated on campus. There was to be a round of fireworks in the Commercial Plaza as well. Let's see what's for dinner today. But otherwise, it has been pretty much like any other holiday. When we went to the city a couple of days ago, it seemed to be gearing up for the occasion, with myriad small stalls selling all kinds of stuff set up.

There has been some development on another count too. The stray dogs on campus, who have multiplied prodigiously in recent times, have suddenly turned more aggressive and wild. There was a dog-bite incident at night a couple of days ago to which we were close witnesses. The following day, a few of the dogs were picked up and taken away, but many of them continue to fight internecine wars and trouble people. With all due respect to animal lovers, these dogs are a big menace and must be treated accordingly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shiva said...

Hi Tandatmya, I have been reading your blog for sometime and I thank you for taking your time to update the blog regularly. Is there any way to get a RSS feed of your Blog as most of the blog sites are offering?. Please let me know about it as it is very helpfule for me to keep in touch with the blog from my office also.

8:29 PM  
Blogger CycloNurb said...

Hi Shiva,

Blogger offers Atom feeds for the blogs. If you try using one of the NewsReaders that support atom feeds then you will be able to subscribe to this blog.

On my Mac I use NetNewsWire and it has worked great for me. I can also subscribe to YahooGroups through that. Tadatmya can probably recommend you a windows reader for it.

- Arnav

12:05 AM  
Blogger Tadatmya Vaishnav said...

Hi Shiva,

You can get a good list of RSS/atom readers for Windows here. Thanks for your interest in this blog.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Darth Midnightmare said...

My my...RSS feeds... :-)

As for the dogs...well...errr...with all due respect, the latest news on campus is that these four-legged friends of ours have rocketed up the IQ charts. Ah well! I know it's insensitive to say that. I also guess it's the entirely incorrect way to view something that must have been quite horrifying amd does deserve action...but it was a nice joke...

By the way, as a dog-lover myself, I hope you are not a supporter of capital punishment... Surely deportation is the remedy...

6:15 AM  
Blogger Tadatmya Vaishnav said...

Mike,

About the dogs, MPK also made a good observation when he said: 'really, these stray dogs have nothing to lose in life, they're quite desperate' :).

I am not in favour of any particular kind of punishment. If deportation is effective, let that be the remedy adopted. However, if it isn't, hesitation about capital punishment is not much warranted. After all, man doesn't hesitate much in killing fellow-men today...

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home